We commit to providing every team member with pathways for career development and self-improvement.
Key tenets of our professional development philosophy include:
• An apprenticeship culture
• A collaborative ecosystem
• A global, flexible investment mandate
• An explicit connection of each professionals' role to broad firm strategy
• An inclusive environment of open communication and debate
How We Work
Fair and Equitable Recruiting Practices
We welcome exceptional employees from all backgrounds and employ training and processes to address unconscious bias.
We grow together as lifelong learners across levels, seeking constant improvement through apprenticeship and education.
Homegrown Talent Model
We encourage our best talent to achieve their potential at all stages of their career by providing opportunities for internal mobility.
Benefits & Support
We equip Sixth Street team members and their loved ones with a robust benefits experience to support their complete wellbeing. Our suite of offerings is designed with a focus on mental and physical health and making it as easy as possible to be at your best. We want our team supported so we can work at the highest level to win together.
How we support you and your loved ones
- Paid Family Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Fertility/Surrogacy Stipends
- Backup caregiver (child/eldercare) support
Mental Health & Wellness
Keeping team members healthy mentally and physically is our priority
- Virtual therapy and meditation services
- Employee Assistance Program
- Gym discounts
- Concierge doctor service for every team member and their families
We are all part of a greater community
- $3,000 annual match per employee for qualified non-profits through Sixth Street Gives
Policies for Balance
Designed to help you be at your best
- Flexible two weeks of remote work during the summer
- Hybrid office schedule (4-1)
Early Careers Programs
Sixth Street’s Homegrown Talent model begins with our Early Careers programs – opportunities for undergraduate students to connect with and learn from Sixth Street professionals.
Early Insights Program
- For first- and second-year undergraduate students from diverse backgrounds of all kinds
- 3-day curriculum featuring professional development and technical skills training, networking opportunities, an introduction to Sixth Street and the alternative investment industry, and insights into Sixth Street’s Early Careers programs
- Spring program
Summer Internship Program
- For rising senior undergraduates
- 10-week program focused on hands on project work, building relationships, and cross-platform learning
- Training curriculum through Sixth Street University
- 360 Support – assigned day-to-day Managers, team buddies, cross-team Mentors, and Advisors
- Potential consideration for full-time entry level opportunities